Avant-Garde Theatre Inc. A not-for-profit 501(c)(3) Merrick Fencing

Forums

Forum Home > General Discussion > Monday January 11, 2010

popper

Glad to have those who showed up!! Where is everyone hiding for the final class of the term!!!!  (Hope you are feeling better Shari)

Just for notes, here is what we worked on:

1.  Started out with basic focus on Disengage lunge.  Worked on keeping the disengage small and getting the proper arm extention for right of way before doing the actual disengage.  Fine tuning basics!!! Very Important

2.  By Request of Mark, we did some review of the Ballestra.  Worked on doing it properly and how to use it to close distance for a lunge attack.

3. My move of the night:  Glissade.  Worked on running the blade down the oppenents blade to establish an opening for the lunge!!

4.  Finally we worked on Don's favorite parry practice, the 5-4-3-2-1

Finished up the night with some free fencing to put what we learned to use :)

Things of discussion for the future.

*Binds

*Invites

*Using a Coupe and Glissade in combination to create openings

Lots of things to learn and little time to do it!! Hope to see everyone in February!!!

---Brian 

January 12, 2010 at 10:50 AM Flag Quote & Reply

Enid Friedman

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from sunny, but cool, Florida and Aspen where I was (or pretended to be) one of the rich and famous.  Alas, no one recognized me.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and hope that I can begin the first day of our new season if I am not assigned any high school fencing meets as our season doesn't end until the second week of February.

Those new jackets look great! Has anyone ordered one yet?

I have email from MJSJ that I will share with all of you and she sends her love.

Until we see each other, keep your parries tight and your sneakers laced,

Enid

January 14, 2010 at 10:02 AM Flag Quote & Reply

goldmanacus
Site Owner

Enid Friedman at 10:02AM on Jan 14, 2010

Hi Everyone!

I'm back from sunny, but cool, Florida and Aspen where I was (or pretended to be) one of the rich and famous.  Alas, no one recognized me.

I am looking forward to seeing everyone again and hope that I can begin the first day of our new season if I am not assigned any high school fencing meets as our season doesn't end until the second week of February.

Those new jackets look great! Has anyone ordered one yet?

I have email from MJSJ that I will share with all of you and she sends her love.

Until we see each other, keep your parries tight and your sneakers laced,

Enid

Dear Enid,

Welcome back!! Hope you had a nice time.

Glad you can join us for the start of the season.

Jackets are really nice and toasty and so far 4 people have gotten them.

If anyone else is interested please let me know asap because size/quantities are extremely low.

Looking forward to Feb. 1st.

See you then,

January 14, 2010 at 4:05 PM Flag Quote & Reply

You must login to post.

Recent Videos

1736 views - 0 comments